Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Extremist

I tried and at times still do try to understand the other person and think of the "compromise" or the "best overall outcome", not assuming that me winning is best. But then I went through a divorce. I came to the table with what I new was a very good deal for my X2B that should have left her happy. She came to the table with extremes that she knew were unreasonable but she wanted to bargain -- She Wanted to Fight!

That was my mistake, I wanted to avoid the fight and make everything quick and productive to minimize the pain she had to go through because I still considered her a human being. But she wanted to FIGHT! She was full of anger that needed an outlet. She wanted to be extreme and no matter WHERE we started SHE WAS GOING TO MOVE ME!

If I could go back and do it over I would be an Extremist. And I would have fought. If I did, we would have come to a compromise sooner, the deal would have been better for me and SHE WOULD HAVE ENDED UP HAPPIER!

I guess not all people are like me, some like to fight, some like to feel the pain or at least express the pain. And when I act reasonable, this angers some of those people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home